Monday, February 28, 2011

The Vaping Equipment, so far

It's been quite busy over here, no time to blog.  But I wanted to share my experience so far with the different equipments I've tried.

Njoy Npro (A 4081 type model)

  This was my first PV.  The main reason to buy it was the price, $20 bucks for the battery, charger and 2 cartridges.  At $20 bucks, if it doesn't work it's not gonna hurt.  I was told by a friend that cartridges could last a week.  But I was a 2-packs-a-day smoker and that was not the case.  A cartridge last like 10 cigarettes.  At $4 bucks per cartridge, that means my habit would be $16 dollars a day in cartridges alone.  More than actual cigarettes, not a good idea for my broke wallet. 

   I learned it's possible to refill those cartridges.  But the battery on that kit is an automatic one.  It has a sensor to detect when you draw and activate the PV.  That sensor can/will brake if liquid gets to it.  Refilled cartridges will leak.  So I was going to refill the cartridges I would have to get a new, manual battery.

  Battery life itself was very small.  It would last me for 2 or 3 hours and then it was dead.  When the battery died, I would have to wait 1 hour for it to charge again.  That means I would end up lighting up a cigarette... not good.

  So I decided to try something else.

Joye Ego (650MaH passthrough battery - Standard atomizer/cartridge & cartomizers)

  The main reason to buy this kit was because of the battery.  It is a 650MaH battery (compared to 180MaH on the Npro) and it has a pass-through built in.  This means the battery can be connected to the cartridges on one side, and to a standard mini-usb cable on the other, allowing you to vape while it's charging.  No wait, no running for a cigarette.  And it last hours once charged.

   I also got 2 type of cartridges.  The standard atomizer, with cartridges.  And sealed units that house both the atomizer and the cartridge.  This I later learned to be called "cartomizer", or carto for short.

  I used the cartomizers first, but didn't knew how to refill them once those dried out.  Then switched to the standard atomizers and cartridges (I'll add some pics later).  These worked fine.  But after using them for the equivalent of 2 or 3 cigarettes, you need to open it and top off the cartridge with 2 or 3 drops of liquid.  Otherwise it doesn't vape good enough, taste like it's burning and flavor doesn't come through.

  I found this constant topping off to be annoying and wanted to try something else.  So I ordered something else.

Fluxomizers (2.4 Ohms short - 2.8 ohms long)

  This is another type of cartridge.  It has no filler, it's clear, the atomizer coil is at the top.  In concept it is great.  You can see your liquid, it holds over 10 times more than a standard atomizer/cartridge or cartomizer.  It works on the same Ego battery.  They come in different ohms, the lower the ohms the hotter it runs.  I got the small ones first at 2.4, they tasted burnt and it was too hot for my liking.  I ordered the long ones, at 2.8, it wasn't as hot but still tasted burnt.  I didn't liked it.

  I learned how to refill the cartomizers I got with the Ego kit so I changed back to those and ordered something else.

510 Cartomizers, revisited.

  While waiting for other cartridge options, I learned to refill the cartomizers and used that for a few days.  They seem to hold like twice as much liquid as the regular cartridges, meaning you don't have to refill as often.  But refilling them causes waste of liquid (few drops each time).  I was burning through my liquid way too quick,  and I was also getting liquid droplets in my mouth (not good, nauseous).  So I went back to the standard 510 cartridges.

510 Low Resistance (LR) atomizer

  Work the same way as the standard 510 atomizer, but hotter.  It makes the battery last less, and I really liked the flavor on the standard ones a little more.  I might give it another try later... but for now, back to the standard 510 atomizer.


Ego cartomizer

  Holds more liquid than the 510 cartomizer, but vapor production was less than the standard 510 atomizer so, I put them in the vaping equipment drawer as backup and went back to the 510 atomizers.

Ego Tank

   Yet another cartridge type.  It uses an atomizer and a mini tank that goes into it.  It worked better than anything I've tried before.  But it broke in five days.  It's also more expensive than anything I've tried before @ $15 bucks per atomizer.  This things are new, people are finding ways to repair/adjust them.  I might give it another try later.  But for now, back to my standard 510 atomizers with cartridges.

Future purchases

  Keep in mind that once I got the Ego kit, I've been using the same Ego battery for everything else.  The 510 atomizers, both standard and low resistance, the fluxomizers, the cartomizers, The Ego cartomizer, the Ego tank... all use the same battery.  This battery is a champ.  If anything, I would replace it with another Ego pass-through battery, but in 100MaH instead of 650MaH, to last even more between charges. 

  While I'm happy with the standard 510 atomizers and their cartridges in terms of flavor and vapor production, I would love NOT to have to top them off as often.  It is a problem, specially when driving long commutes.  There is a 510 Mega Atomizer which is suppose to be the same thing but longer, holding more liquid.  And there is an Ego specific atomizer, same thing but thicker, holds even more juice.  I will try those, later.  But I'm not in a rush, what I have works.

No comments:

Post a Comment